Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Layla's 2nd Dance Recital


Closing number, "Let's Dance"
Our little " Angel"
Backstage with her friends! Doing what little dancers do best, eat treats!


Getting ready for the big night. Next time I know to set her hair the night before like my mom used to do to my sister and I. Her curls didn't set very well since I waited so late. After having my hair in a pixie cut for over a decade the thought of curling my daughters hair didn't occur to me until early that morning.

Layla finished off her second year of dance at Labourdette. She just loves it and from what I can tell so far.. she doesn't have my rhythm.. thank goodness. I have been hopeful that she will take after her dad and Aunt Angel but not her mama. About all I'm good for is the "bounce". She really impressed us all with her moves on stage. She seemed to know her dances well. Her dad and I were so proud as was our little sweetie. On the way home her daddy asked her, "do you want to dance next year?" and with a huge grin she answered, "YES". So as long as she loves it we will continue the journey. The only sad thing is I was conned into being a stage mom so I was unable to get any pics of layla in her costumes because Chris had the snap camera in the audience with him and I was backstage just about the whole time with the exception of walking Layla's class to the stage prior to their numbers. Lesson learned for next year to keep the camera with me and give Chris the video.

No comments: